VOYA is proud to announce the launch of our new COSMOS certified advanced facial serums, created using innovative marine science and biotechnology. The newly launched serums are a Hyaluronate Anti-Pollution Serum, a Vitamin C Antioxidant Serum, and a Bio-Retinol Concentrate Serum.
VOYA has spent 2 years working with cosmetic chemists and scientists to create these ethically sourced and science-based serums which address specific skincare concerns organically. They can either be used alone or added to VOYA’s range of existing moisturisers for a results-driven tailored skin care routine.
Vitamin C Antioxidant Serum
VOYA’s Vitamin C Antioxidant Serum is lightweight and organically formulated with a fruit and seaweed antioxidant complex which is combined with Ascorbyl Glucoside. Ascorbyl Glucoside is considered a gold standard of Vitamin C derivatives due to its high stability and comfortable use and is organically approved by COSMOS. The two main actives in VOYA's Vitamin C serums are L-VCG Ascorbyl Glucoside and Sodium Hyaluronate.
L-VCG Ascorbyl Glucoside is widely used for skin brightening to fight dull skin. It works mainly via anti-oxidative inhibition of melanin synthesis. Other benefits of L-VCG Ascorbyl Glucoside also include anti-ageing and anti-wrinkle activity, and protection against UV damage. Clinical studies have proven that Ascorbyl Glucoside can prevent UV skin damage as measured by a reduction in skin erythema*
Key Benefits of VOYA Vitamin C Serum
- Made with super-penetrative lightweight ingredients that help balance oil production.
- Non-irritating formula - we have added Ascorbyl Glucoside to stabilize our Vitamin C and make it gentle yet effective.
- Naturally packed with powerful antioxidants, this skin renewing serum will leave skin looking firmer and more even.
- Helps reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation caused by damage from free radicals.
- Fruit & seaweed antioxidant complex will leave skin hydrated, nourished and rejuvenated.
- Brightening, reduces redness and counteracts the effects of sun damage such as pigmentation and dark spots.
- Contains two types of seaweed: Fucus Serratus, which is rich in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties, and Himanthalia Elongata which is used here for its high natural Vitamin C content.
- Orange oil is also included in the formula for its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties and to improve radiance.
Hyaluronate Serum Anti-pollution Serum
VOYA’s Hyaluronate Anti-Pollution Serum works to visibly rehydrate providing immediate and lasting hydration. Sodium Hyaluronate is a derivative Hyaluronic acid, but has a lower molecular weight, so it’s more easily absorbed into your skin, working to concentrate and bind moisture. Used regularly, this uplifting, super serum combined with seaweed extracts is a highly effective means of decreasing wrinkles caused by dehydration through the action of strengthening the skin’s moisture barrier for visibly improved firmness and elasticity. This super serum contains three main efficacy strong actives including Sodium Hyaluronate, IceAwake™ and anti-pollution active Ectoin.
In clinical studies* IceAwake™ is proven to visibly rejuvenate your skins appearance by decreasing wrinkle depth, increasing radiance, and reducing the tired appearance of skin for a refreshed look, plus this active is 100% COSMOS organic approved. Those who used IceAwake™ for 14 days increased skin radiance by 9.2% and reduced wrinkle depth by 11.4%.*.
Ectoin natural is a powerful multi-functional active ingredient with outstanding efficacy. It prevents cell damage and provides repair and regeneration for aged, stressed, and irritated skin. It has numerous properties including anti-redness protection, hydration, anti-pollution, protection against UV induced aggression, blue light protection and is brightening. Ectoin naturally shows global anti-pollution efficacy. After only 5 days of application, the pollution induced lipid peroxidation in the skin was remarkably reduced by 48%**
Key Benefits of VOYA Hyaluronate Serum
- Visibly rehydrates skin with long lasting hydration.
- Contains Ice Awake™ which has proven anti-pollution action to protect against UV induced aggression.
- Sodium Hyaluronate, the water-soluble form of Hyaluronic acid can hold up to 1000 times its weight in water, therefore absorbs deeper into the skin for greater hydration.
- Encourages intensive moisture retention.
- Improves skin firmness and elasticity.
- Strengthens and helps repair the skin barrier - skin is left hydrated, smoother, and glowing with vitality.
- Supports the skin by protecting collagen and elastin from environmental stressors.
Bio Retinol Concentrate Serum
VOYA's Bio Retinol serum is an oil-based skin renewing booster serum is formulated to help improve the skins firmness and elasticity, whilst reducing the signs of premature aging such as dull skin and pigmentation. This advanced formula supports collagen synthesis and improves the appearance of blemish prone areas.
VOYA’s advanced formula contains Revinage®, which is a plant-based alternative to retinoids. Like retinol, it stimulates cellular proliferation and antioxidant activity whilst stimulating collagen production to reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation and blemishes, brightening the skin and leading to a more even skin tone. Plus, as it is made from natural sources, it is less reactive than retinol, thus it can be used every day and is ideal for those with more sensitive skins.
Revinage® is clinically shown to
- Reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation by 67% within 56 days*.
- Reduce the roughness of the facial skin by 36% after 42 days*.
- Reduce the appearance of deep-set wrinkles by 28% after 42 days*.
- Reduce anti-aging and anti-photoaging action by 119%*.
All VOYA products are sent to the Soil Association and COMOS for certified organic evaluation. This is to ensure the products are not environmentally damaging and that they produce the least amount of pollutive agents as possible. We are pleased to say that all three advanced serums have been awarded the COMOS organic certificate. To reach the COSMOS organic standard, 95 per cent of a product’s ingredients must be certified organic.
Having a Soil Association or COSMOS logo on your products guarantees the following:
- All ingredients and their sourcing methods are checked.
- Ingredients are GM Free.
- The protection of vulnerable plants.
- No Animal Testing.
- That only naturally derived colours and fragrances are used.
- Restrictions are in place regarding petrochemicals ingredients.
- It prevents greenwashing.
- Manufacturers are inspected annually.
- Packaging Standards are upheld.
- The company has environmental management systems in place to minimise waste.
* Clinical Study - E. Miyai, I. Yamamoto, J. Akiyama and M. Yanagida, Inhibitory effect of ascorbic acid 2-O-α-Glucoside on the pigmentation of skin by exposure to ultraviolet light, Nishinihon J. Dermatol., 1996, 58, 439-443
**Anti-pollution In Vivo testing. natural. bitop AG. 06/2018.
* Mibelle Biochemistry Lab results